When you take your child to daycare, the last thing that you expect is for your child to be harmed. You’ve done your research, you’ve spoken to the staff, you’ve looked over the facilities and have done everything you can think of to ensure that the daycare of your choice is a safe place for your child to be while you’re away. However, even the best daycare facilities are subject to accidents.
The majority of accidents in a daycare setting are due to staff negligence. Some common ways that daycares are liable for negligence:
- Daycare is understaffed or has improperly trained employees
- Children at the daycare have limited or insufficient supervision
- Too many children so that staff are unable to properly supervise
- Staff members engaging in other activities when they should be supervising the children
- Lack of supervision, children getting into things they shouldn’t be: climbing on playground equipment without supervision or getting injured in some way.
If your child has been involved in an accident at daycare, no matter how minor it may seem, it could be due to the negligence of staff members or the daycare itself. You and your child could be entitled to compensation for medical expenses incurred due to the accident. An experienced, professional personal injury attorney can assist you in investigating the accident and asserting your rights.
Paul C. Galm has extensive experience in daycare negligence litigation and can help you get the compensation you deserve for your child’s injuries. He is a dedicated and compassionate lawyer who will put the needs of your child and your family first.